Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Credit and Collections Manager to join its Retail operations team, based in Houston, Texas. The primary duties include credit evaluation based on credit scoring and analysis of company financial statements and interfacing directly with customers prior to and following missed payment due dates. The Credit and Collections Manager will escalate issues to management as necessary and provide internal reporting on established daily, weekly, and monthly schedules.
This position will report to the Director of Operations.
The Role and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Execute the operations of and contribute to the Company’s retail credit and collections policies and procedures for commercial retail power customers
- Approve and/or decline credit applications from prospective and existing commercial retail power customers and authorize credit overrides up to specified thresholds
- Partner with sales team members to resolve credit issues
- Must have the ability to analyze and evaluate commercial credit risk of company’s applicants and provide discretionary credit decisions as required
- Proactively monitor customer receivables and initiate timely follow up directly with customers on any missed commitments for payment
- Conduct collection calls as required based on internally set procedures
- Work directly with customers to understand payment delays and work with customers and internally to remove barriers to payment
- Develop an understanding of customer’s internal payment approval processes, and establish and enforce negotiated payment terms for delinquent customers
- Investigate, communicate, and work internally to ensure the resolution of complex products or billing issues resulting in past due balances
- Keep management team informed of serious credit and collections problems
- Maintain, track, and report credit and collections scoreboard statistics and metrics
- Update internal systems as necessary with contact details, conversations and issues affecting payment timeliness
Job Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
- 3 to 5 years of experience evaluating commercial credit and financial statement analysis
- Previous experience in managing accounts receivable and collections
- Experience in retail energy or other commodities strongly preferred
- Ability to demonstrate effective critical thinking skills, problem-solving capabilities, and ability to independently research and communicate resolution of complex issues
- Detail oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues effectively and concisely
- Experience with creating and implementing credit and collections procedures
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day.
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: September 12, 2022
Location: Houston, TX