Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA, is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting-edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel. OPC Energy became a public company in August 2017 and is traded on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: OPCE).
Under the general direction of the Vice President for Information Technology, and based in Silver Spring, MD, the Director of Application Services will provide strategic leadership and execution for technology solutions and support for all corporate functions. The primary responsibility is to oversee all business applications and related activities. This individual’s principal goals are to develop and manage application portfolios for each department and to attain all IT service level agreements for the user community within the organization. This includes leading the direction for all major business-facing applications. This individual will be responsible for gaining a strong understanding of the business needs and determining how software and technology can help deliver business value and meet the company’s growth strategy. This individual will work closely with the business and IT peers to ensure successful delivery and ongoing support of technology solutions.
- Lead the requirements gathering, solution selection, and project proposal process for new solutions
- Evaluate new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Oversee the implementation and deployment of systems, working with delivery teams to ensure effective translation of requirements into technical specifications, delivery of projects to schedule with high quality.
- Collaborate with analysts, managers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Contribute to the pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Liaise with the company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Build a high-performing team of technical and functional SMEs to operate in a fast faced environment to meet the business needs, on time and with the highest quality results.
- Develop, enhance, and support processes that ensure business satisfaction with services and solutions.
- Maintain effective communication with business partners, management, and team, including regular meetings, project reporting, SLA reporting, etc.
- Works to ensure applications meet cybersecurity and SOX compliance.
Core Skills / Requirements
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development
- Proficient with MS Project or similar software and MS Office applications
- SQL experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed. Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Works well under stress with tight timelines for deliverables
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and financial credit check
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of technology experience with Enterprise application platforms and boundary applications, Custom development
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: August 22, 2022
Location: Silver Spring, MD