Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with offices in Silver Spring, MD, and Braintree, MA is looking for a Manager, Project Development to join its Renewable Development Department, located in Braintree, MA.
The successful candidate will play an active role in the project management, execution, and development of prospective greenfield generation projects. Candidate must be self-motivated and be willing to take initiative to complete project elements on time and on budget and have an understanding of the development of large utility or energy projects. Knowledge of US power markets,
knowledge of ISOs and their operating rules, familiarity with state RPS and other incentives driving renewable energy development is required. Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
The position reports to the Vice President, Renewable Energy.
Summary of Responsibilities
Position will be responsible for the selection, permitting and execution of US projects according to
company’s investment and development objectives. General responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the planning, develop and execution of the development program for identified projects
- Participate in the negotiation of necessary development agreements
- Manage the permitting process, anticipate and resolve other project development activities as required
- Develop local community support for the project
- Manage relationships and develop commercial agreements with potential project output off-takers
- Work closely with external consultants and internal departments including engineering, finance, energy management/origination, external affairs, legal and asset management
- Update Management on project progress, action items and budget
- Minimum of 4-6 years of relevant energy project development experience
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in engineering or business, MBA
- Must be a self-starter, organized, and able to work well with personnel at all levels in the organization; must possess top level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
- Strong financial skills and understanding of company and project profit and loss, pro forma modeling, and NPV/IRR analysis
- Possess a strong understanding of real estate matters and complexities
- Ability to gather, organize and systematically analyze complex information
- Effective problem-solving skills: ability to work from concept to analytics, identify alternatives and develop unique solutions
- Excellent writing, communications, presentation, interpersonal, problem-solving, financial analysis, and organizational skills
- Ability to travel 30-50% as necessary
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: January 19, 2023
Location: Braintree, MA