Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting-edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel. OPC Energy became a public company in August 2017 and is traded on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: OPCE).
CPV is seeking a Network Administrator to join our IT organization in either our Silver Spring, MD or Braintree, MA office.
Responsibilities to include:
- Administer, maintain, and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows environment
- Administer, implement and troubleshoot network and server infrastructure devices, including servers, network attached storage, wireless access points, firewalls, routers, and switches
- Ability to configure basic cloud service, mainly Azure AD
- Ensure backup for systems and data are maintain, secured, and tested
- Ability to develop and follow detailed instructions and action plans
- Ability to define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide 2nd/3rd level of support
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision
Required Experience and skills:
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems or another related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of experience as a Network Administrator
- Any of the following certification(s) preferred: CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, MCP, CCNA
- Experience with Cisco and Meraki networking devices and technologies, including Switches, Routers, OSPF, and VLANs
- Prior Experience with network and server infrastructure devices, including servers, network attached storage, wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches.
- Prior Experience with a Microsoft Windows environment including Active Directory, DNS, GPO and Hyper-V.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Requires up to 10 % travel to remote offices, data centers, and/or power plant
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: May 11, 2022
Location: Silver Spring, MD or Braintree, MA office.