Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and offices in Braintree, MA and Sugar Land, TX, is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas, and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel. OPC Energy became a public company in August 2017 and is traded on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: OPCE).
CPV is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our Information Technology Department in our Silver Spring, MD office.
- Responsible for workstation & server systems and database performance along with capacity & storage planning to meet reliability requirements
- Troubleshoot hardware and software related errors by performing diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, with a focus on prioritization
- Generate and maintain documentation and technical specifications for IT/OT staff for the planning and implementation of new and/or the upgrading of IT/OT infrastructure
- Perform regular access control reviews, system and equipment health checks, and maintain visibility on OEM & 0-day critical vulnerabilities for remediation or mitigation
- Ensure backups are maintained of all systems and device configurations, including testing of said backups to ensure recovery status
- Implement appropriate processes for data encryption/protection, disaster recover, and failover procedures in accordance with PJM & NERC
- Work with plant MSP and application vendors including traveling onsite to aid in installation & configuration, or decommissioning as required
- Support both the cybersecurity and SCADA efforts in the operation and maintenance of plant related systems
- Serve as a member of the CSIRT, supporting the Incident Manager on all cybersecurity related events
- Willingness to serve as Tier 1 SCADA Help Desk (training provided)
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of time to the plants and other CPV locations
- Associate degree or equivalent education in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security & Assurance, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field
- Three or more years of IT systems, networking, and network security experience
- Windows Server Active Directory experience
- CompTIA Security+ are a plus
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with various internal and external stakeholders, at all staffing levels
- Detailed-oriented, organized, and able to effectively prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibit a professional demeanor that aligns with our core values
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and financial credit check
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: March 10, 2023
Location: Silver Spring, MD