Competitive Power Ventures, Inc., with offices in Silver Spring, MD, and Braintree, MA is looking for a Vice President, Project Development to join its Renewable Development Department.
The successful candidate will play a leading and active role in the origination, management, development and execution of greenfield wind and solar projects. Candidate must be self-motivated and be willing to take initiative to complete project elements on time and on budget and have a deep understanding of and track record in the successful development of large scale energy projects. An in-depth knowledge of US power markets, knowledge of ISOs and their operating rules, familiarity with state RPS and other incentives driving renewable energy development is required. The position includes the supervision of developers, consultants, and supporting staff in the definition of priorities and the establishment of goals in the development of projects; strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President, Renewable Energy.
Position will be responsible for the development and execution of US projects according to company’s investment and growth objectives. General responsibilities will include:
- Directing teams of external consultants and coordinate with other Company departments including engineering, finance, energy management/origination, external affairs, legal and asset management to successfully advance solar and wind development projects
- Manage the permitting process, anticipate and resolve other project development activities as required
- Develop local community support for the project
- Collaborate closely with other Company departments in the negotiation of key project commercial agreements
- Administrative responsibilities to include regular updates to Senior Management on project progress, action items and budget
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant energy project development experience with a proven track record in successful development of power generating stations
- Effective problem-solving skills with an ability to gather, organize, and systematically analyze complex information, identify alternatives and develop unique solutions from concept to execution
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with personnel at all levels in the organization;
- Solid understanding of company and project profit and loss, pro forma modeling, and NPV/IRR analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor degree, ideally in engineering or business, MBA
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
Posted: January 13, 2022
Location: Braintree, MA