CPV Prairie Dock Solar
Odell Township, IL
300 MWac photovoltaic solar with single-axis trackers
Total Installed Capacity
CPV Prairie Dock Solar is a 300 MWac photovoltaic solar project located on approximately 2,000 acres in Livingston County, Illinois. When operational, CPV Prairie Dock Solar will deliver up to 600,000 MWh annually of local, emission-free power for households and businesses across the region, helping area businesses meet their ESG and carbon-reduction goals. CPV Prairie Dock Solar is expected to reach commercial operation by the fourth quarter of 2026.
- The Project will create long-term, sustainable local revenue to support local and regional projects and services.
- CPV Prairie Dock will create more than 200 jobs during the construction phase. Local firms and individuals will be engaged for engineering, surveying, site preparation and construction, as well as Inspection and maintenance jobs during generation operation.
- The location of the project adjacent to industrial development provides further incentive for companies seeking low carbon electric supply to locate operations in the County.
- The project will deliver up to 600,000 MWh annually of local, emission-free power for households and businesses across the region.
- Creates greater energy diversity and curbs pollution to keep the air clean
- Helps meet the State’s clean energy goals
- Offsets more environmentally intensive forms of electric generation,
reducing water consumption and emissions